Automating GHC build for Windows

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Sat Oct 25 00:03:08 UTC 2014

Hi Roman,

Yes, what Adam said is accurate: we're working on integrating Windows
into our build pipeline on Phabricator. As well as that, Gabor's bots
(at http://haskell.inf.elte.hu/builders) also build on Windows.

But we can always use more help! GHC on Windows has a small amount of
hackers, so any amount of help will make a small difference.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Adam Sandberg Eriksson
<adam at sandbergericsson.se> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a lot of building infrastructure and I believe most of it is
> listed on [1]. For example the nightly builders [2] where there are
> indeed 2 windows buildmachines working (but they seem to fail to build
> currently).
>
> I believe there is ongoing work on adding windows machines to
> Harbormaster [3] for validating each commit as well as patches submitted
> to Phabricator.
>
> Regards,
> Adam Sandberg Eriksson
>
> [1]: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Infrastructure
> [2]: http://haskell.inf.elte.hu/builders/
> [3]: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Phabricator/Harbormaster
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 07:58 PM, Roman Kuznetsov wrote:
>> Hello *,
>>
>> As I am still new in this, I will ask.
>>
>> Were there any attempt to automate GHC build process on Windows with some
>> kind of CI engine, like Hudson, Jenkins, etc.?
>>
>> It seems to be rather helpful to publish build results if not after each
>> commit, but at least once every day.
>>

>> WDYT?
>>
>> --
>> Sincerely yours,