Keeping the "Newcomers" wiki page alive

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 13 01:42:30 UTC 2014

Forgive me if I'm repeating others' comments, but the newcomer label, to me, is independent of level of difficulty -- it has much more to do with how "messy" the work is, I think.

I'll make a concrete proposal: Tag appropriate bugs/feature requests with "newcomer" and, if you want, mention that you'll mentor in a comment. I don't think there's a glaring need to be able to search by mentor, so I'm not proposing a Trac field for that.

If I see here that a few others will adopt this proposal, I'll start doing it -- I already have several tickets in mind.

Richard