Building GHC for performance testing

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Thu Mar 6 09:59:27 UTC 2014

Hello Johan,

Off the top of my head:

Technically speaking, the compiler does not have to be optimized to do
build tests; just the libraries.  So you could probably make the builds
run a bit faster this way.

Your command for nofib will only run the "standard" benchmarks;
to run, for example, the GC benchmarks, you will have to cd into
the gc directory and run make there.  You may also need to vary
the tests parameters in other ways, such as threaded and un-threaded.

Cheers,
Edward

Excerpts from Johan Tibell's message of 2014-03-06 01:50:09 -0800: