ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.8.1 Release Candidate 2

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:32:00 UTC 2014

@mark, theres no runtime detection logic patch, theres just a config time
hack currently.

I've a work in progress partial patch to expose the CPP program choice +
flags into the ghc settings file,
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8683 , but lifes got me a bit
overloaded these past few weeks so we need someone to "own" finishing it up
(and i'm uncertain if i can hard allocate that time this week or next... i
have some personal obligations that need take priority).  That said, I may
find up finding some time to whack on it more

point being, agreed, the wrapper hack aint ok :)