Phabricator gifs

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 10:18:48 UTC 2014

On 06/23/2014 02:20 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Image macros are part of the charm of using Phabricator, and (IMO of
> course) they inject a little essential humour into the code review
> process.  You don't have to use them, of course!
>
> I don't think there's a way to actually not display them, although you
> could probably install adblocker and right-click on the image and
> selecting the appropriate block option.  You can also hit Ctrl-Esc to
> stop the animation (this is browser-specific, it works for me in Firefox).
>
> Cheers,
> Simon
>
> On 23/06/2014 12:41, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:
>> Is it possible to not get the hugely distracting and pixel-consuming
>> gifs in Phabricator displays.  Eg see the one below.
>>
>> Simon

You can insert images on Trac too. Just because it can be done doesn't
mean it should, it'd be nice to see the semi-professional setting there
is on Trac preserved. Please think of anyone reading the tickets in the
future, it'd be a shame to have to (mentally or automatically) filter
through tickets to get at the content.

Just my opinion of course.

--
Mateusz K.