pushing to haddock

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 6 12:07:44 UTC 2014

| Short story: you have to use ssh://git@github.com/haskell/haddock.git as
| push-url
|
|   git push ssh://git@github.com/haskell/haddock.git <refspec>
|
| where <refspec> refers to the kind of branch-update operation you want
| to push, like e.g. 'HEAD:master' to update the remote master branch to
| what your current local HEAD points to.

Can't I just set the push-url and then say

	git push

I just did that and it appeared to work.

| Once you were able to push the commits to GitHub's haddock.git repo,
| they'll be mirrored to git.haskell.org within one minute. At which point
| you'll be able to push the Git submodule/gitlink update to ghc.git
| pointing to the new 'master'-tip of haddock.git (if that was your
| question)

How exactly do I do that?  That is, when I'm back in the ghc repo, I just stage utils/haddock along with the rest of my changes, and push?

What if I did so "too early" before the mirroring happened?

Anyway, I did as above and pushed to GHC.  Would you like to just check that I did it right.

It would be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC to have these new workflows documented. Please!

Thanks for a very prompt reply

Simon