Status updates

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Mon Jul 14 13:27:08 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I've been lax on the status updates, but better late than never. :)
Here are some things that I've been up to.

 - 7.8.3 is released! Hooray!

 - Phabricator can now build code reviews if you submit them. I sent
an email about this earlier in the week[1] in case you missed it.
Unfortunately it has a rather stupid bug that it doesn't catch stderr
properly, but I'll fix that soon. :)

 - I also spent some time on trying to get Phabricator to post to Trac
(when a code review for a ticket is posted), but to no avail yet.
Hopefully I'll have this done in the next few days.

 - I spent a few hours yesterday and on Saturday on the AMP work
still, because I missed a few things actually (broken deriving
mechanism due to forgetting some changes). I also need to send one
more patch to Cabal upstream I believe, but otherwise things look OK.
I'll post a new code review today when I've finished.

 - This morning I've combed some tickets and remilestoning stuff,
since there was a *lot* left around for 7.6.2 still! This should all
be fixed. I'll keep doing this today and this morning probably.

 - I want to reorganize the wiki pages around the Git repository, and
I have been meaning to do this, but not gotten around to it yet. :(

Some other things on my mind:

 - When I released 7.8.3, I noticed we have a whole bunch of new
upstream distribution packages now, but the download page for those is
pretty out of date I think.[2] That should probably be updated.

 - There are patches in the Trac queue I need to get done with. If
I've ignored your patch I'm sorry! I'll try to get this done quickly.

 - Johan reminded me about D4 this morning[3] which I still need to
merge upstream after addressing the details in the review.

[1]: https://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2014-July/005509.html

[2]: https://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_8_3#distros

[3]: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D4

--