[commit: ghc] master: Update various performance benchmarks (194107e)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Jul 14 11:20:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Montag, den 14.07.2014, 11:13 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones:
> I'ts important to monitor the actual bump, rather than the first time
> the limit is broken.  (They aren't the same, of course.)

Quite right.

I am in the process of setting up per-commit monitoring of _nofib_
results, and I just added “number of failing tests” to the list of
“benchmark numbers”. But that doesn’t help with performance testcases

Simple way forward: Always print the results from performance benchmarks
(not only when they are out of the limits). Then, when they break the
limit, one can go and grep through the old logs for changes.

Next step after that: Include the numbers from all performance
benchmarks in the same monitoring as the nofib numbers. Technically
easy, but I’m not sure how well it scales for the large(?) number of
perf tests we have.

But one step at a time. Expect an announcement of the performance
dashboard thingy soon.

Greetings,
Joachim

--