[commit: ghc] master: Update various performance benchmarks (194107e)

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 14 11:13:08 UTC 2014

|     I started monitoring perfomance on a per-commit base. These seem to
| be
|     off for a while now. Adjusting them, and from now I hope I can keep
|     closer tabs on them.

Thank you. That's most helpful.  One of the reasons that perf tests get worse is that each time the limit is reached, the author thinks "oh my bit probably only made it a tiny bit worse", so we miss big jumps.  It's the big jumps we thereby miss, and nailing them to a particular commit would be great.

I'ts important to monitor the actual bump, rather than the first time the limit is broken.  (They aren't the same, of course.)