Validating with Haddock

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Tue Jan 7 18:21:11 UTC 2014

Yes, the skipped tests are normal. The testsuite has a concept of
tests being built a certain 'way' - for example, you might test a
piece of code by making sure it works compiled with -threaded,
non-threaded, profiling, the LLVM backend, or any combination of
those, etc. So a single *test* gives rise to multiple *test cases*.

When you run validate, it runs it in a 'fast' mode by default as
opposed to the slow mode. The fast mode only runs a subset of the
overall test cases - it runs the most basic tests per file, which
generally gives a pretty good indication as to what is going on.

Also, the performance failures you're seeing are (I speculate) due to
out of date performance numbers. Sometimes these numbers go up or down
just due to code churn, but they're sometimes finnicky, because they
may depend on the exact time a major GC happens or something. So a
small wibble can cause them to sometimes occasionally fail.

In any case, these results seem to indicate your branch looks quite
OK, so I can try to merge this soon, if you think it is actually
complete and ready.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant