7.8.2 bugs and beyond

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Thu Apr 10 12:53:02 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Misfortune has struck unfortunately - we shipped with a bit of an
awful bug in 7.8.1, see #8978. The good news is Simon already has a
fix! Yay!

However, I'll probably be going ahead and releasing an immediate
today. For everyone, I don't think this changes much regarding my last
email - just substitute '7.8.2' with '7.8.3' where you might see it.

Here's the list of 7.8.3 bugs for reference, I migrated the old 7.8.2
tickets here:

https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/query?milestone=7.8.3&group=status

Thanks!