7.8.2 bugs and beyond

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Thu Apr 10 00:34:13 UTC 2014

Hello all,

7.8.1 is out. Yay! Now, on to the next thing.

Here's the very preliminary 7.8.2 buglist:

 - https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/query?group=status&milestone=7.8.2

Note that this list has effectively received zero curation so far. I
plan on fixing that soon, and in the process I am probably going to
touch a lot of trac tickets (so I apologize in advance for the mail
spam, because y'all are probably going to get a lot of it). This will
include re-prioritizing these bugs, so take things with a grain of
salt right now.

Note that the bug tracker now has 7.8.1 as the default version - if
you're filing bugs, please be sure to try it first of course. :) And
don't forget to set the milestone to 7.8.2 if you think it qualifies
for a fix. There are already a couple of things in the merge queue.

There's currently no expected date for 7.8.2. Should it arrive
quickly? Or slowly? Simon, Simon and I are inclined to just let things
play out for a while of course, which is the traditional way things
are done. But this release window has been especially awkward, so
we'll see what happens.

This of course leaves timeline questions for 7.10 open - but before we
decide that, now's a time to just get some hacking done I suppose...

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant