7.8.1 plan

Jens Petersen petersen at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 9 08:21:50 UTC 2014

On 9 April 2014 14:48, Jens Petersen <juhpetersen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 April 2014 22:28, Austin Seipp <austin at well-typed.com> wrote:
>
>> The source distribution is now available:
>> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.8.1/

It builds fine on Fedora 21 devel for x86_64 and i686, but unfortunately it
> fails on ARM with:
>

> inplace/bin/dll-split compiler/stage2/build/.depend-v-dyn.haskell
> "DynFlags" "Annotations Avail Bag BasicTypes BinIface Binary Bitmap BlockId
> BooleanFormula BreakArray BufWrite BuildTyCl ByteCodeAsm ByteCodeInstr
> ByteCodeItbls CLabel Class CmdLineParser Cmm CmmCallConv CmmExpr CmmInfo
> CmmMachOp CmmNode CmmType CmmUtils CoAxiom ConLike CodeGen.Platform
> CodeGen.Platform.ARM CodeGen.Platform.NoRegs CodeGen.Platform.PPC
> CodeGen.Platform.PPC_Darwin CodeGen.Platform.SPARC CodeGen.Platform.X86
> CodeGen.Platform.X86_64 Coercion Config Constants CoreArity CoreFVs
> CoreLint CoreSubst CoreSyn CoreTidy CoreUnfold CoreUtils CostCentre DataCon
> Demand Digraph DriverPhases DsMonad DynFlags Encoding ErrUtils Exception
> ExtsCompat46 FamInstEnv FastBool FastFunctions FastMutInt FastString
> FastTypes Finder Fingerprint FiniteMap ForeignCall Hooks Hoopl
> Hoopl.Dataflow HsBinds HsDecls HsDoc HsExpr HsImpExp HsLit HsPat HsSyn
> HsTypes HsUtils HscTypes IOEnv Id IdInfo IfaceEnv IfaceSyn IfaceType
> InstEnv InteractiveEvalTypes Kind ListSetOps Literal LoadIface Maybes
> MkCore MkGraph MkId Module MonadUtils Name NameEnv NameSet OccName
> OccurAnal OptCoercion OrdList Outputable PackageConfig Packages Pair Panic
> PatSyn PipelineMonad Platform PlatformConstants PprCmm PprCmmDecl
> PprCmmExpr PprCore PrelInfo PrelNames PrelRules Pretty PrimOp RdrName Reg
> RegClass Rules SMRep Serialized SrcLoc StaticFlags StgCmmArgRep
> StgCmmClosure StgCmmEnv StgCmmLayout StgCmmMonad StgCmmProf StgCmmTicky
> StgCmmUtils StgSyn Stream StringBuffer TcEvidence TcIface TcRnMonad
> TcRnTypes TcType TcTypeNats TrieMap TyCon Type TypeRep TysPrim TysWiredIn
> Unify UniqFM UniqSet UniqSupply Unique Util Var VarEnv VarSet"
> dll-split: internal error: evacuate(static): strange closure type 0
>     (GHC version 7.8.1 for arm_unknown_linux)
>     Please report this as a GHC bug:
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug
> make[1]: *** [compiler/stage2/dll-split.stamp] Aborted
>
> See http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6719940 for the
> full build.log, etc.
> I reproduced this two times now. RC2 built okay on ARM so I am not sure
> what changed.

I tested and this also happens on Fedora 20 ARM [1] so I now doubt it could
be due to any recent changes in Fedora devel (Rawhide).
I filed <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8976>.

Anyway I suppose it may be too late to fix for the 7.8.1 release but
hopefully soon for 7.8.2.

Jens

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6720188