7.8.1 plan

Jens Petersen juhpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:48:08 UTC 2014

On 8 April 2014 22:28, Austin Seipp <austin at well-typed.com> wrote:

> The source distribution is now available:
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.8.1/
> Feel free to make builds - I'll add them as they come in and will
> announce soon...

Thank you!

It builds fine on Fedora 21 devel for x86_64 and i686, but
unfortunately it fails on ARM with:

:
inplace/bin/dll-split compiler/stage2/build/.depend-v-dyn.haskell
"DynFlags" "Annotations Avail Bag BasicTypes BinIface Binary Bitmap BlockId
BooleanFormula BreakArray BufWrite BuildTyCl ByteCodeAsm ByteCodeInstr
ByteCodeItbls CLabel Class CmdLineParser Cmm CmmCallConv CmmExpr CmmInfo
CmmMachOp CmmNode CmmType CmmUtils CoAxiom ConLike CodeGen.Platform
CodeGen.Platform.ARM CodeGen.Platform.NoRegs CodeGen.Platform.PPC
CodeGen.Platform.PPC_Darwin CodeGen.Platform.SPARC CodeGen.Platform.X86
CodeGen.Platform.X86_64 Coercion Config Constants CoreArity CoreFVs
CoreLint CoreSubst CoreSyn CoreTidy CoreUnfold CoreUtils CostCentre DataCon
Demand Digraph DriverPhases DsMonad DynFlags Encoding ErrUtils Exception
ExtsCompat46 FamInstEnv FastBool FastFunctions FastMutInt FastString
FastTypes Finder Fingerprint FiniteMap ForeignCall Hooks Hoopl
Hoopl.Dataflow HsBinds HsDecls HsDoc HsExpr HsImpExp HsLit HsPat HsSyn
HsTypes HsUtils HscTypes IOEnv Id IdInfo IfaceEnv IfaceSyn IfaceType
InstEnv InteractiveEvalTypes Kind ListSetOps Literal LoadIface Maybes
MkCore MkGraph MkId Module MonadUtils Name NameEnv NameSet OccName
OccurAnal OptCoercion OrdList Outputable PackageConfig Packages Pair Panic
PatSyn PipelineMonad Platform PlatformConstants PprCmm PprCmmDecl
PprCmmExpr PprCore PrelInfo PrelNames PrelRules Pretty PrimOp RdrName Reg
RegClass Rules SMRep Serialized SrcLoc StaticFlags StgCmmArgRep
StgCmmClosure StgCmmEnv StgCmmLayout StgCmmMonad StgCmmProf StgCmmTicky
StgCmmUtils StgSyn Stream StringBuffer TcEvidence TcIface TcRnMonad
TcRnTypes TcType TcTypeNats TrieMap TyCon Type TypeRep TysPrim TysWiredIn
Unify UniqFM UniqSet UniqSupply Unique Util Var VarEnv VarSet"
dll-split: internal error: evacuate(static): strange closure type 0
    (GHC version 7.8.1 for arm_unknown_linux)
    Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug
make[1]: *** [compiler/stage2/dll-split.stamp] Aborted

See http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6719940 for the full
build.log, etc.
I reproduced this two times now.
RC2 built okay on ARM so I am not sure what changed.

Jens