Offering GHC builder build slaves

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Wed Apr 9 01:51:06 UTC 2014

Right, I can provide right now, with minimal fuss::

 - 64 bit Linux (32bit as well, if you just use a chroot - not hard.
Rackspace just doesn't provide 32bit VMs by default these days). 24/7
365 availability, roughty.
 - 32 bit Windows and 64bit Windows. 24/7 365 availability, roughly.
 - I do have a dedicated OS X Lion machine that can be a 64bit Mac
build slave. But no 32bit machine. And occasionally the network
sometimes cuts out, but this is normally fixable and/or transient.

So I think I can already cobble together all the necessary Tier 1
platforms to get us going, I just need to point the machines somewhere
to get them started.

In lieu of anyone else, I can monitor the Windows client. I can
monitor the Linux and OS X builds of course (and do so regularly
anyway), since it seems FreeBSD and Solaris are well cared for
(hooray!) But ideally someone else can do so too, and I'd really like
that! Anyone willing?

I'll look into getting these running with builder clients as soon as
possible and follow up.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant