[commit: ghc] master: Tidy up cross-compiling (109a1e5)

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:59:36 CET 2013

On 17/01/13 14:08, Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 17/01/13 14:00, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>> Would it be worth transferring that comment into the building guide (a
>> cross-compiling page perhaps). The distinction is subtle and the
>> information is useful
>>
>> There is http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/CrossCompilation
>> but I'm not sure it has this info
>
> Oh yes, I plan to fix the wiki.  It needs more than just an update for
> this change though... the CrossCompilation page is really a design
> document, not a user guide, we need some proper documentation.

Ok, new wiki page is here:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling

Please edit away.  In particular I haven't investigated cross-compiling
with LLVM, so if someone could add some info about that that would be great.

I've also updated most of the old design doc:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/CrossCompilation