Changes to primops break libraries (was Re: 7.8 Feature window)

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Wed Aug 21 15:06:54 CEST 2013

Hi Gabor,

> I get these errors when building a cabal package:
> (...)
> I guess this is related to those changes.
Yes, that's because of my patches.

> If yes, what to do next? Contact the 'primitive' maintainer?
It's just like with any other backwards-incompatible changes in GHC - package maintainers need to fix their packages so they work with the new version of GHC. My patch is expected to break stuff, though in 95% fix should be very simple - add 'import GHC.PrimWrappers'. See wiki for more detail: http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/PrimBool#Implementationdetails

Janek