Changes to primops break libraries (was Re: 7.8 Feature window)

Gabor Greif ggreif at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 15:29:52 CEST 2013

On 8/21/13, Jan Stolarek <jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl> wrote:
> Hi Gabor,
>
>> I get these errors when building a cabal package:
>> (...)
>> I guess this is related to those changes.
> Yes, that's because of my patches.
>
>> If yes, what to do next? Contact the 'primitive' maintainer?
> It's just like with any other backwards-incompatible changes in GHC -
> package maintainers need to fix their packages so they work with the new
> version of GHC. My patch is expected to break stuff, though in 95% fix
> should be very simple - add 'import GHC.PrimWrappers'. See wiki for more

Hmm, almost, but I get now:

Data/Primitive/Array.hs:110:5:
    Couldn't match expected type ?Bool? with actual type ?Int#?
    In the expression: sameMutableArray# arr# brr#
    In an equation for ?sameMutableArray?:
        sameMutableArray (MutableArray arr#) (MutableArray brr#)
          = sameMutableArray# arr# brr#
Failed to install primitive-0.5.0.1

How to repackage Int# to Bool?

Thanks,