New Git-commit-message -> Trac-ticket interaction

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 15 04:26:38 CEST 2013

Herbert

My gut feel is that it's fragile and unexpected to have tickets change status based on commit messages. Revisiting the ticket itself can remind you
  that the fix is only partial, or
  that there is another related ticket to look at, or
  that you need to add a regression test, or
  something else

Too much automation can be confusing.  I'd suggest (fairly strongly -- but resist if you feel otherwise) making status changes only based on explicit user actions.  It doesn't take long to do!

Simon