[patch] lincenses warning

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 05:50:19 UTC 2015

i'm very uncomfortable with the "warn on other-license" change. I think
theres lots of valid reasons that someone may be using an amended license
(eg BSD / MIT plus an explicit patent license grant) that strictly more
open/free than any standard OSS license on the planet.

Edward Kmett raise the valid point on IRC that by current international
treaties, authors no longer need to mark their works "All rights reserved"
to protect their copy right, but rather that if no other license is
specified, ANY work is by definition all rights reserved!

anyways, thats my 2cents for the evening

cheers-Carter