lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Feb 28 20:04:38 UTC 2014
Following Mikhail Glushenkov's advice I have prepared a separate tool
that checks PVP compliance of imports as proposed in:
There remain some problems:
* How can I exclude automatically generated modules like Path_*.hs from
* How can I access modules that are preprocessed? HSC processed modules
are stored in dist/build, but CPP processed modules are not stored anywhere.
* How shall I cope with condition flags? Currently I use
flattenPackageDescription. Alternatively I might only check the modules
that are part of the current configuration. But I may miss many modules
this way. I might perform checks on all possible configurations.
* Can you give me advice on what I shall write to stdout and what to
stderr? The purpose of the program is to generate a list of warnings.
Shall they be written to stderr because they are warnings or shall they
be written to stdout because they are the intended output of the program?
* Regarding levels of verbosity: How silent shall silent be? Shall the
test results be emitted in silent mode or only in normal verbosity mode?
More information about the cabal-devel