Reading 'setup-config' with Cabal library

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at
Sat Feb 22 13:01:36 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to read a 'setup-config' file with the cabal library and I'm getting from
'tryGetPersistBuildConfig' the error:

   Run the 'configure' command first

And the returned ConfigStateFileErrorType is:

The version of the cabal library used by cabal is:

   dan at machine $> cabal --version
   cabal-install version
   using version 1.18.1 of the Cabal library

And the version of the cabal library used by my program seems to match:

   dan at machine $> ls .cabal-sandbox/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.6.2-packages.conf.d/Cabal-*

Also the header of the 'setup-config' file I'm trying to read seem to match:

   Saved package config for cabal-bounds-0.1 written by Cabal-1.18.1 using ghc-7.6

Any ideas what could causing the error? Thanks!