Hackers hacking on hackage: introductions

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:31:07 CEST 2011

On 17 October 2011 13:29, Max Bolingbroke <batterseapower at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I *think* this is what Duncan had in mind.

I spoke to him on IRC today and found that he actually had something
different in mind, which I've implemented as the "hackage-server
test-backup" command.

This approach doesn't generate any arbitrary data at all - it just
tests that it is possible to roundtrip the *current* server's data
through a tarball. Generation of arbitrary data to stress-test the
roundtripping functionality could be an interesting project, though, I
guess.

Max