Hackers hacking on hackage: introductions

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:29:20 CEST 2011

Hi David,

On 11 October 2011 07:02, David Laing <dave.laing.80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there some kind of test plan or general level of testing that's
> hoped for?  Should I add Arbitrary instances for the data being backed
> up so we can use QuickCheck to test that (more or less) backup .
> restore = id?

I *think* this is what Duncan had in mind.

I just added support for backing up download counts, and fixed some
small bugs in other parts of the backup/restore system. I have not
attempted to write any test code. I would do more but I don't want to
clash with your work - have you found time to do anything so far?

Cheers,
Max