Hackers hacking on hackage: introductions

David Laing dave.laing.80 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:02:29 CEST 2011

Hi all,

After Duncan's mail I figured I should say hello and mention what I'm
keen to work on etc...

I'm planning on splitting my free-Haskell work about 50/50 between my
side projects and doing pretty much anything in the Hacakge / Cabal
space.  That might only end up being 4-8 hours a week, but every
little bit helps, right?

I'm currently an approximation to an intermediate Haskell programmer
and am steadily converging, so if anyone wants a minion for any work
they have planned feel free to drop me a line.

My current thinking is that unless someone snags me for minion-work
I'll start on some of the backup / restore work mentioned in the TODO
file, hopefully sometime in the next week or so.

Is there some kind of test plan or general level of testing that's
hoped for?  Should I add Arbitrary instances for the data being backed
up so we can use QuickCheck to test that (more or less) backup .
restore = id?

Cheers,

Dave