[Hackage] #688: hard-coded path to configuration file

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Wed May 12 08:39:47 EDT 2010

#688: hard-coded path to configuration file
  Reporter:  guest               |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:
  Severity:  minor               |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  easy (<4 hours)     |   Ghcversion:  6.10.4
  Platform:  Linux               |
 I want to be able to tell {{{cabal}}} to read the configuration from a
 different place than {{{$HOME/.cabal/config}}}.

 The ultimate goal is to get rid of the non-standard {{{.cabal}}} directory
 altogether, so far careful {{{--package-db}}}/{{{--prefix}}} etc. juggling
 served me well; {{{config}}} is the last remaining file there.

 > cabal --version
 cabal-install version 0.8.2
 using version of the Cabal library

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/688>