[Hackage] #629: cabal-install getting $arch and $os mixed up?

Hackage trac at galois.com
Wed Feb 3 06:20:38 EST 2010

#629: cabal-install getting $arch and $os mixed up?
  Reporter:  simonmar            |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:  HEAD
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:  Linux               |
 In my .cabal/config I have

 install-dirs user
   prefix: /home/simonmar/.cabal
   bindir: $prefix/bin/$arch-$os
   -- libdir: $prefix/lib
   libsubdir: $pkgid/$compiler/$arch-$os
   -- libexecdir: $prefix/libexec
   -- datadir: $prefix/share
   -- datasubdir: $pkgid
   -- docdir: $datadir/doc/$pkgid
   -- htmldir: $docdir/html
   -- haddockdir: $htmldir

 I just cabal-installed darcs-beta, and it said:

 Installing library in
 Installing executable(s) in /home/simonmar/.cabal/bin/linux-i386

 so apparently it has got `$arc`h and `$os` interchanged.  I think this
 worked in the past, because I have a `~/.cabal/bin/i386-linux` directory
 with some executables in it.

 $ cabal --version
 cabal-install version 0.8.0
 using version of the Cabal library

 PS. someone needs to add Cabal version 1.8 and GHC version 6.12.1 to the
 relevant Trac fields

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/629>