[Hackage] #252: haddock document generation fails for executables when a preprocessors is needed

Hackage trac at galois.com
Thu Feb 28 12:16:56 EST 2008

#252: haddock document generation fails for executables when a preprocessors is
needed
  Reporter:  guest          |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:  HEAD
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  normal         |   Ghcversion:  6.8.2
  Platform:  Linux          |
 I'm coming to think I'm the only one who tries to generate haddock
 documentation for non library packages...;)

 When running "haddock --executables" with a package that has a module
 which is using a file extension to call a preprocessor,
 Haddock.getModulePaths will die with:

 Setup.lhs: can't find source for module moduleName

 If I add a library stanza to the cabal file, the problem is solved.

 This issue affects HEAD only.

 I must confess I do not understand why this happens, and I'm puzzled. But
 I don't know the cabal source enough, so I'll leave this to the expert
 ones.

 Cheers,
 Andrea Rossato

 ps: maybe even the short summary could be edited to better describe the
 problem. An English native speaker could be quite helpful with this...:-)

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/252>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>