[Haskell-beginners] Regex

mike h mike_k_houghton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 13:53:44 UTC 2018

:) I get a real buzz out of writing parser combinators. So, perversely - if only to broaden my Haskell knowledge, I decided to try using regexs. LOL
I'll see where this takes me!
Thanks

Mike

    On Thursday, 6 December 2018, 13:45:21 GMT, David McBride <toad3k at gmail.com> wrote:

 In Haskell virtually everyone uses parser combinator libraries like parsec, megaparsec, or attoparsec depending on their needs.
Many people ask this question and are then disappointed when they can't find a definitively standard regex library to use. That's because they are barely needed.
That's not to say that there are no such libraries  There are. But I personally couldn't suggest any as I have not been compelled to use one in many years.