[Haskell-beginners] Regex

Mr. Akos makos999 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:45:23 UTC 2018

I have positive experiences with regex-compat, regex-posix packages, you
can get these from hackage.
When your expression becomes more complicated it may be worth to use
parsers instead: faster processing, refactoring parsers is also easier.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:45 PM David McBride <toad3k at gmail.com> wrote:

> In Haskell virtually everyone uses parser combinator libraries like
> parsec, megaparsec, or attoparsec depending on their needs.
>
> Many people ask this question and are then disappointed when they can't
> find a definitively standard regex library to use. That's because they are
> barely needed.
>
> That's not to say that there are no such libraries
>   There are. But I personally couldn't suggest any as I have not been
> compelled to use one in many years.
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 05:38 mike h <mike_k_houghton at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Which package is the most popular and/or easy to used for dealing with
>> regular expressions?
>> My regex is quite simple and I just need to get 2 or 3 capture groups
>> from the result.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Mike

People seldom notice clothes, if you wear a big smile.
My grandmother uses Ubuntu, don't you think so?!
OLVASD: http://www.xkcd.org/