[Haskell-beginners] Do IO actions *have* to be glued by the do syntax?

Sumit Sahrawat, Maths & Computing, IIT (BHU) sumit.sahrawat.apm13 at iitbhu.ac.in
Tue Mar 22 11:46:40 UTC 2016

Olumide, do blocks are indeed syntactic sugar. They are a piece of syntax
that converts to a specific type of expressions, namely those using the
bind (>>=) operator.

It is really helpful, when learning to be able to come up with answers in
your own. Learning Haskell has always involved combining many different
perspectives on the same topic, told differently in different places. It
would only help you if you took the time and dug further for answers. It's
really satisfying too!

Also, if you haven't, search for the Leavenworth guide. It takes this very
question in one of the miscellaneous discussions.

Be nice, be respectful. Have fun learning Haskell :)