[Haskell-beginners] Converting a data type to an abstract data type

Rein Henrichs rein.henrichs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:49:01 UTC 2015

> Are type signatures used sparingly in most Haskell code?

No, generally most Haskell code uses explicit top-level type signatures
everywhere. They provide useful guidance to the developer as much as (if
not more so than) the compiler.

If possible, you could use a type synonym for your type which keeps
changing. That way there would be only one place to make the change.