[Haskell-beginners] debugging help

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 10:18:41 UTC 2015

I started by looking everywhere I thought I called printf in this
particular case, and couldn't find a single problematic printf. Given the
input I was using, I thought I knew where the printf was probably going to
be. But that failed, and there are hundreds throughout the rest of the
program. (I use them for generating output and warning/error messages--- I
happen to like the format string method of describing your output.)

Then I thought, I sure would like to learn more about the debugger and
profiling, so I thought it was worth asking. I never have gotten clear on
how to compile libraries for profiling.

While waiting for a reply here, it struck me where the printf was, and I
found it and solved the problem. So there's not an immediate need for the
stack trace.