[Haskell-beginners] debugging help

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Dec 5 08:11:10 UTC 2015

Dennis Raddle writes:

> I'm getting an error, printf not having enough arguments. I need to
> find where this is happening, and I understand there are ways of
> getting a stack trace, but apparently I need to compile for profiling.
> That means I need to compile my one library dependency
> (Text.XML.Light) for profiling, I believe. How do I do this? I'm on
> Windows and have only installed libraries in the past with cabal.

How many calls to `printf` do you actually have?

Wouldn't a search for all calls and a quick inspection of them be good
enough?

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

If our ideas of intellectual property are wrong, we must change them,
improve them and return them to their original purpose. When
intellectual property rules diminish the supply of new ideas, they
steal from all of us.
     -- Andrew Brown, November 19, 2005, The Guardian