[Haskell-beginners] Trying to compile Glade Gtk2Hs demo / cabal install glade problem

Tobias tobnels at freenet.de
Tue Feb 28 00:37:36 CET 2012

Am 27.02.2012 14:05, schrieb Tobias:
> I am trying to compile a Glade Gtk2Hs demo and I get the same error as
> described at
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-August/081881.html
> when I try install cabal glade: "setup.exe: The pkg-config package
> libglade-2.0 version >=2.0.0 is required but it could not be found."
> The next reply to the email (
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-August/081941.html
> ) is the interrogator himself again thanking some people who told him
> how to fix that /
> "libglade-2.0.pc needed the edit"-
>
> Can you tell me what I have to edit in this libglade-2.0.pc.file and
> where this file should be? Thanks in advance!

Ok, I found the missing replies on
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AANLkTinHpb94nqG-Yc24eLd%3D5huWYX77E4vwM1_VsOhh%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=gtk2hs-users
and this problem is fixed. Now I run into the next error trying "cabal
install glade":

/Configuring glade-0.12.1...
setup.exe: Missing dependencies on foreign libraries:
* Missing C libraries: glade-2.0, gtk-win32-2.0, xml2, gdk-win32-2.0,
atk-1.0,
gio-2.0, gdk_pixbuf-2.0, pangowin32-1.0, gdi32, pangocairo-1.0, pango-1.0,
cairo, gobject-2.0, gmodule-2.0, glib-2.0, intl
This problem can usually be solved by installing the system packages that
provide these libraries (you may need the "-dev" versions). If the libraries
are already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the
flags --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where they are.
glade-0.12.1 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1/

as described also here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.gtk2hs/2781

where should the above described libraries be located? at ..\Gtk+\lib ?
I think some of them are there ( pango-1.0.lib ) but some of them are
not ( glade-2.0 (?)/).
/However, when I run "cabal install gtk" it says "No packages to be
installed. All the requested packages are already installed."

can anyone help me?