[Haskell-beginners] happstack versus yesod

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue Apr 5 20:59:37 CEST 2011

I'm not sure where you got that implication from. Happstack is a good
framework, and using it will definitely help you learn Haskell. But the same
is true of Yesod or Snap. I guess you might say that if your goal is to
learn Haskell, and not to create websites, then you shouldn't be using a
framework at all, and should be writing code that reads/sends ByteStrings
over sockets. You'll definitely learn more Haskell that way...

Michael