[Haskell-beginners] Re: type puzzlement

Jürgen Doser jurgen.doser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 18:27:12 EDT 2010

El mié, 21-07-2010 a las 11:29 -0700, prad escribió:
> [...]
> are there techniques or approaches others have used to get good at
> understanding error messages as they learned haskell?

Practice makes perfect. Simply trying hard to understand what ghc is
saying has worked for me so far. It helps of course, if you know what
the types mean, and have a rough understanding of how the type-inference
is supposed to work. Most tutorials on functional programming/Haskell
should have some nice exercises on manually inferring types.

	Jürgen