[Haskell-beginners] cabal installs parsec-2.1 not parsec-3.1? Same with QuickCheck-1.2 not 2.1?

Gerald Gutierrez gerald.gutierrez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:19:18 EDT 2010

Why is it that when I run "cabal install parsec" or "cabal upgrade parsec",
it does not install the latest 3.1 version but instead sticks with the
current 2.1 version? The same goes for quickcheck, where it will stay at 1.2
and not upgrade to 2.1. To install the latest versions, I need to explicitly
specify the version.

I thought /upgrade/ is supposed to upgrade to the latest version. Is there
reasoning behind this?