[Haskell-beginners] First request for references

Alan Cameron alan.cameron at iname.com
Sat Jan 10 15:36:14 EST 2009

Hi,

I stumbled across Haskell while researching 'functional programming'.
I have done some initial reading and have the following questions:

1. Are there any references to real-world applications using this language?

I ask because most of the articles I have found seem to be of an extreme
academic nature. I want to be sure that my time will not be wasted delving
deeper.

2. Are there any tutorials with full code included which I can use on the
HUGS system I have installed?

I have found a few "A Gentle Introduction to Haskell 98" which assumes far
too much previous knowledge to be immediately useful to me.

Thanks for any replies.

Alan Cameron