[Haskell-beginners] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Just how unsafe is unsafe

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:47:28 EST 2009

Well, one could say that a truly random number function takes as input time
and some constant unique identifier (serial number) of the TRND device and
gives you the random value measured at that time by this device. Of course
this would mean the random value is not really random, since "the potential
creator of the universe" would have known the value already, but to all
humble beings living in the bubble, it would be Truly Random :)
Then the question is, is time a function? If so, is it discrete?

Okay, this is not Haskell anymore, this would become philosophy, and since a
good and smart friend of mine told me that nobody really knows what time is,
this is off topic. Sorry!  :)