[arch-haskell] http-conduit

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Sep 25 08:38:33 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM,  <tam at hiddenrock.com> wrote:
>> What do you mean with "they don't care"? Why don't you try and help,
>> instead of reinventing the wheal?
> By "they don't care", I mean that, over the last two months, the mailing list
> has seen only three messages from anyone with commit rights to the
> arch-haskell repo.  You may note that I and another member of the list *have*
> offered to help [1][2] and got no response.  Given the rarity of updates to
> the arch-haskell repo and my unbridled hatred for trying to reverse engineer
> undocumented processes that SHOULD be documented, I figured my needs would be
> more expeditiously filled by taking matters into my own hands.

I am very sorry for not having responded to [1].  I had planned to do
it, but forgot about it.  As for [2] I didn't understand that as an
email that I actually needed to weigh in on, I simply agreed with what
it says.  Apparently I got that one completely wrong.

> In retrospect, saying "they don't care" was overzealous on my part.  It is,
> however, evident that the powers-that-be don't have time to maintain the repo
> in a way that is useful to me, so I fixed the problem for myself (which, you
> may note, is how the open source community works: the source speaks,
> do-ocracy, etc, etc).
> So I'll continue tinkering with my solution and, when it is sufficiently
> robust, I hope to release it to a wider audience.  And yes, there will be
> more-than-adequate documentation.  It's possible I may get bored or run into
> an obstacle I'm too lazy to overcome or be introduced to a glorious extant
> solution, in which case I'll convert.  But until then, this is what solves my
> problems better than anything else I know of.  That's kinda how the open
> source model works.

That sounds good, it would however be interesting to find out what
your criteria is (what you are looking for) and how your tool
satisfies them.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org