[arch-haskell] http-conduit

tam at hiddenrock.com tam at hiddenrock.com
Tue Sep 25 01:47:46 CEST 2012

> What do you mean with "they don't care"? Why don't you try and help,
> instead of reinventing the wheal?

By "they don't care", I mean that, over the last two months, the mailing list
has seen only three messages from anyone with commit rights to the
arch-haskell repo.  You may note that I and another member of the list *have*
offered to help [1][2] and got no response.  Given the rarity of updates to
the arch-haskell repo and my unbridled hatred for trying to reverse engineer
undocumented processes that SHOULD be documented, I figured my needs would be
more expeditiously filled by taking matters into my own hands.

In retrospect, saying "they don't care" was overzealous on my part.  It is,
however, evident that the powers-that-be don't have time to maintain the repo
in a way that is useful to me, so I fixed the problem for myself (which, you
may note, is how the open source community works: the source speaks,
do-ocracy, etc, etc).

So I'll continue tinkering with my solution and, when it is sufficiently
robust, I hope to release it to a wider audience.  And yes, there will be
more-than-adequate documentation.  It's possible I may get bored or run into
an obstacle I'm too lazy to overcome or be introduced to a glorious extant
solution, in which case I'll convert.  But until then, this is what solves my
problems better than anything else I know of.  That's kinda how the open
source model works.

[1] http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/arch-haskell/2012-August/002126.html

[2] http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/arch-haskell/2012-August/002132.html