[arch-haskell] Haskell's state in Arch & near future

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 20:22:54 CET 2011

Hi Vesa,

When doing all the changes could you assign all packages which depend on
ghc to haskell group (or maybe some better group name) so that it is
easy to postpone any haskell related update?
For more info see:
  http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/arch-haskell/2011-October/001722.html
The group needs to be added for both [extra], [community] and then
[haskell] for it to make sense.

The other haskell repository is:
[haskell]
Server = http://andromeda.kiwilight.com/$repo/$arch
Magnus Therning maintains it. He is doing a great job. I have it before
[community] in pacman.conf since it has gtk2hs with glade.

I personally do not mind if we would move quicker than haskell platform.
Though it means additional work so it is up to the maintainers.

Dropping all haskell packages from aur is a good idea. Maybe we should
leave there only one "dummy" package which would point haskell newbies
to a description how to get additional haskell packages which a
archlinux user would expect to be in aur.

Peter.