[xmonad] Layout for GIMP. How to?

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sun May 31 06:13:11 EDT 2009

Hello

I'm trying to create layout for Gimp. It's program which really asked for
clever layout and otherwise not very usable.

First I've tried Nathan's layout based on nested IMs [1]. However it didn't
worked well.
1. There is only one window in side panels (Layers etc). If I open two dock
windows one of
them goes into main working area.
2. If I open two image windows and move mouse cursor to toolbox one of windows
always gets in front. Observed only with Full layout.

How should it work in my opinion. Screen is separated in three vertical areas.
Left is for tools. Center is working area. Right for docks. Right and central
area has own layouts. Center must have way to change layouts.

Other ideas are welcome too.

[1] http://nathanhowell.net/2009/03/08/xmonad-and-the-gimp/
--
  Khudyakov Alexey