[reactive] Re: Link to Tetris

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Tue Dec 16 05:22:56 EST 2008

>> http://code.haskell.org/~wchogg/Tetris.hs
> But when I try to run it, it exits immediately, without any message
> or window, let alone any animations..

That seems to be an issue when starting from within cygwin's bash.
Starting from cmd, or by double-clicking, works. Since I don't
have this issue with other OpenGL code, it must be built into
reactive somewhere?

The result appears very sluggish: when I do nothing, the ticks
don't seem to come evenly, and when I try to move pieces,
keyboard input and movement are out of sync by the second
piece, with reactions happening very late (perhaps for the next
piece instead of the current one), or seemingly not at all. I
assume that is not an expected feature?-)

This is on a 2Ghz single-core laptop running windows/xp, with
ghc 6.11.20081215.

Claus