[reactive] Re: Link to Tetris

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Mon Dec 15 17:31:38 EST 2008

Having just managed to install reactive et al with 6.11.20081215
(windows, glut), I wanted to try the example posted here earlier:

> http://code.haskell.org/~wchogg/Tetris.hs

I had to flip a call to snapshot_, then it built, with a warning:

    $ ghc --make Tetris.hs
    [1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Tetris.hs, Tetris.o )

    Tetris.hs:59:12:
        Warning: Defaulting the following constraint(s) to type `Integer'
                 `Integral t'
                   arising from a use of `levelToTicks' at Tetris.hs:59:12-25
        In the expression: levelToTicks 1
        In the definition of `testTicks': testTicks = levelToTicks 1
    Linking Tetris.exe ...

But when I try to run it, it exits immediately, without any message
or window, let alone any animations..

Any suggestions? I just tried building and running one of my old
FunWorlds examples with the same ghc, and that works fine, so
my OpenGL/GLUT setup seems to be ok.

Claus