[nhc-users] I failed in compiling with gcc

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun May 27 05:53:04 EDT 2007

pierric <starocean.wx at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, everyone. I have just checked out the latest version from darcs,
> and try to build it. First I build it with ghc6.6, everything goes well.

Beware that, over the next few days, the darcs version will be a little
bit unstable until the recent re-arrangement of the libraries packages
settles down a bit.

> Then I try to build nhc from bootstrap with gcc.
> make: *** No rule to make target `src/prelude/Array/*.hc', needed by
>     `targets/ix86-Linux/prelude-gcc'.  Stop.

The .hc bootstrapping files are not stored in the repository, because
they are generated files, not hand-modifiable.

If you want to create them, then (after at least a 'make basic'), you
can ask for 'make srcDist', which will also conveniently package up a
tarfile containing everything that is needed.

Regards,
    Malcolm