Civility notes (was "Traversable instances for (,,) a b")

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Apr 3 08:42:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017, Simon Peyton Jones via Libraries wrote:

> I’ve been talking to a couple of people about whether it would be useful
> to have an explicit Haskell Community Code of Conduct.  Many online
> communities have one (e.g. Rust), and it might be helpful for everyone
> to have a concrete baseline rather than an unwritten standard.  Any
> views on that?

I think these Code of Conducts make things even worse because then some
people start to check every word against these codes. Instead I suggest we
make more use of humor. E.g. Carter Schonwald's comment about grumpy
people made me think about renaming my prelude-compat package to
grumpy-prelude. :-)