documentation in GHC.Conc, Control.Parallel.Strategies; querying number of CPUs

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 05:34:31 EDT 2007

Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> what can we do to make it easier to get into concurrent and parallel
> haskell programming? Its really one of the killer features, but is
> under-documented and under-blogged-about.

We have some new tools coming, perhaps for GHC 6.8.  Michael Adams has ported
the GramSim parallel performance-analysis tools to GHC, so we can generate
graphs of runnable/running/blocked threads over time, amongst other things.
This should make it much easier to get a handle on parallel performance, which I
think is the area that we're most lacking at the moment.  I'll try to get the
patches in as soon as possible.

Cheers,
	Simon