[Haskell-iPhone] ghc-iphone and GHC 7.0.2

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 02:15:58 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Stephen Blackheath [to GHC-iPhone] <
likeliest.complexions.stephen at blacksapphire.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> That is great, and, especially, welcome to Haskell!  As I said, I am
> working on a new version of GHC for iPhone.  There probably isn't much sense
> in involving you in that at this point.  I'll get you to test for me when I
> have something working.
>
> I can't think of anything obvious for you to do now, but I'll keep it in
> the back of my mind.  Haskell bindings to iPhone infrastructure are lacking,
> so maybe you could look at that.

Cool.

I'm currently working on taking
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Write_Yourself_a_Scheme_in_48_Hours and making
it an iPad app. ;-)  Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow and be able to share
it.

I'm noodling with how to generically express Obj-C method invocations in
Haskell in a way that would allow for automatic binding/ffi generation via
Obj-C header files.  I'm not sure it's possible, but it'd certainly reduce
the amount of boilerplate (it's also been a long time since I've done low
level Obj-C dispatch snooping... I wonder what's changed. ;-) )

I'm also thinking about how to use Haskell's GC to do automatic
retain/release calls...

Anyway... more as I make progress.

Simply Lift http://simply.liftweb.net
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp